Analee tried out for the talent show this year (playing a song from Harry Potter on the piano) but didn't get voted in by the 4th grade. (As it turns out, lots of 4th graders tried out by playing the piano.) Rebekah tried out for the talent show while we were in Alaska. Last I had heard, she was going to play a song on her baritone. Instead, she sang (a capella) "The Hanging Tree" from Hunger Games to the tune of "Scarborough Fair." With only seven 6th grade acts trying out and four getting in, her chances were good. And she was, in fact, voted to perform in front of the school.
Rebekah also got to participate in skits performed by the student council between each of the grade levels' performances, and she got to announce some of the performers.
Rebekah singing in front of the entire school. I don't know where she got the guts to do that. And I didn't know my kid had a set of pipes that good.
A montage of skits, announcing, performing and a bouncing/dancing preschooler.
