I swear, the last two weeks of school are nothing but field trips, assemblies and outdoor activities.
Besides the rocket launch and the aforementioned conflict managers' field trip, I also accompanied the 1st graders on their field trip to the Tautphaus Park greenhouse and zoo.
Miriam and her classmates petting the city's topiaries in the greenhouse.
Miriam and her classmate Whitley at the zoo.
Then I helped out at field day by yelling parachute game instructions at 1st-6th graders and making my quads ache by crouching down and standing up a million times.
Rebekah and her friends with their painted fingers. A fourth girl (the bottom of the heart) had already gone back to class.
Haley, Lily and Bekah (missing Lexi).
Then we had the AR assembly.
Miriam worked hard to reach the 100-point club. Analee surpassed her previous years' highs and made it to the 400-point club. Rebekah had the third highest score in the school with over 800 points.
Miriam joins the throngs of kids (although only a handful of 1st graders) in the 100-point club. Analee was the youngest kid in the 400-point club, and Rebekah was the only kid in the 800-point club.
Winnie accompanying Rebekah's friend Lily to the front of the gym during the assembly.
And on the last day of school, all the 6th graders got a chance to ring the bell. I had previously heard of this end-of-the-year tradition, but I hadn't ever witnessed it. Every single kid in the school lines up as the 6th graders' names are read one by one. As their names are read, the students get to ring the bell in front of the school and go through the tunnel of students giving high fives. It's quite the production.
Winnie telling her sister hello.
Rebekah rings the bell. She earned the shirt by getting high test scores.
Going through the tunnel of kids.
Winnie climbing on the outside of the school.
Even though I was at the school when the bell rang to go home, all the girls opted to ride the bus on the last day of school. It was the last time Rebekah, Analee and Miriam all ride the same bus.

