2015-05-20

It's a major award!

Analee came home from school one day proclaiming, "I won! I won!" I had to get the whole story from her since I hadn't know she was in the running for anything.

Her second grade teacher Ms. Weber had asked her students to design a poster as part of the city's Earth Day poster contest. Analee and a classmate had each won in separate categories, so they got to attend the award ceremony at Tautphaus Park in April.

Miriam and Gwendolen making grass angels while waiting for the awards to be handed out.

Analee and Ms. Weber with their awards. Analee received $25 and a certificate for her poster. Ms. Weber also received $25 since Ana is in her class.

Seth hugging Analee after getting her award.

Analee received her award for having such a neat poster. Her classmate, Whitni, received an award for making a creative poster.

Analee's poster.