2015-04-14

Winnie and the beater

Not this kind of beater:



Or this one:

You're a nerd if you know what this one's about.

But this kind:


Last Sunday, Winnie was banished from nursery because she had thrown up a couple times the day before. So while Seth took the older girls to sacrament meeting, I stayed at home with the little one and made cookies. (Seth and I traded church-parental responsibilities during Sunday School so I could teach the Laurels during the last hour of meetings.)

Being the youngest, I don't think Gwen has ever been the only kid at home while I've baked goodies. That meant Winnie got her first experience dumping teaspoonfuls of ingredients into the mixer, and she was the uncontested recipient of the beater.

It was so cute watching her go to town on that beater that I pulled out the camera.


And as I took pictures of her wrapping her tongue around the beater, it reminded me of another picture I shot of a similar situation in years gone by:

Rebekah, 2 years old, licking chocolate batter of the beaters from my old mixer.

Here's to many more beater lickings to come.