2014-05-27

Rebekah's field trip

Rebekah very enthusiastically delivered a paper from the school near the beginning of the month. The third grade's field trip had been approved, and her class would be going to the Tautphaus Park Zoo and the Aquatic Center later in the month. The classes needed some parent volunteers to help, and Rebekah gave me puppy dog eyes as she asked if I could be one of them.

I didn't think I'd be a very helpful volunteer with two little kids in tow, so I told her I'd go if Grandpa Scott was available to watch the wee ones that day. He readily agreed, so off to the zoo I went with a flock of third graders.

Matthew and Rebekah look at the loose peacock at the zoo.

Rebekah in the goat petting area.

Rebekah and her best friend Jessie.

After the zoo, the kids ate a picnic lunch and reboarded the buses to go to the Aquatic Center. My little used-to-be-a-scaredy-pants-in-the-water Rebekah passed the swim test with flying colors and went off the low dive. She wanted to go off the high dive, but with at least three other classes there on field trips and a lot of line cutting by the older kids there, she never got to the front of the line and gave up. Regardless, she had a fun time, and I was thrilled to be a witness of it.