2014-01-18

Miriam's first talk

On Miriam's very first Sunday in Primary (she's one of the two Sunbeams in my class), they asked her to prepare a talk for the next week. I thought it was interesting that the Primary presidency would ask a brand new Sunbeam who has never witnessed a Primary talk to give one, but luckily her mom knew what to do and helped her.

Miriam, despite her young age and inexperience, did a good job giving her talk. She wasn't scared to stand in front of all the older Primary kids and talk into the microphone. I held up pictures while she repeated the words I whispered in her ear. This is what she said:

"I have four great-grandparents who passed away before I was born, so I don't remember them, but I know that I will see them again someday. I can see them again someday because ...


"... Jesus atoned for my sins ...

"... because I can be baptized ...

"... and because I can go to the temple.

"Someday I will see my great-grandparents and get to live with Heavenly Father again. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."