Seth, being the supportive husband he is, asked me what I wanted him to do. As much as I enjoy his company, I wanted even more not to chase an extremely mobile 1-year-old during a touching service. So he stayed home with Gwendolen (and cleaned the house, I might add), and I brought the other (also mobile but more reverent) girls with me.
We carpooled from Idaho Falls; our van fit the four Grovers plus my parents and sister. Because Dad wanted to be there early (it was his sister who passed away), we had some time to get the wiggles out at the nearby playground.
Rebekah going down the slide head-first. All the more impressive because she's in her dress.
Miriam on the swings.
Ana swinging on a ring.
When it came time for the funeral, we settled down and got in our seats inside the church. As sad as funerals are, I enjoy attending them and hearing more about my loved ones.
After the service, we drove to the nearby cemetery and laid Aunt Eunice to rest.
Pallbearers moving the casket. (The funeral pictures are in a separate album here.)
The Relief Societies of two nearby wards (keep in mind that this is rural Idaho, so the wards are very small) provided a wonderful luncheon for us, and we had the opportunity to visit with uncles, aunts and cousins inside the church and out on the lawn on an unusually mild November day.
While Rebekah, Analee and cousin Libby played at the playground, Miriam got ganged up on by her uncles.
She defiantly told them that when people do things like that to her, she shows them her "bear bum."
Unfortunately, her uncles got more bear/bare than they expected. Miriam's teddy bear tights had inched down her backside a little bit when she lifted her skirt. I guess she wanted to be a plumber.
Our van was one of the first to arrive at the Holbrook church that morning, and it was among the last to leave that evening. Because my two brothers traveled quite a distance to attend (Washington and Boise), our goodbyes lasted longer than most.
Uncle Jon hugs Miriam goodbye while Andrea and Libby watch.
To see more pictures, start here.






