Today when the girls got home from school, Rebekah had something to report.
Bekah: Mom, Ana said a bad word.
Ana: Bekah! I didn't know it was a bad word!
Just like a TV sitcom flashback, the air got all wavy and I remembered the time when I watched Back to the Future with my siblings for the first time and took a liking to a word Marty McFly used when he was upset/surprised/frustrated/bored/pensive.
Andrea: S&*#!
Siblings: That's a bad word! Don't say that word! Mom! Andrea said a bad word!
More wavy air as I came back to the present.
Bekah: I'll write it down for you, Mom.
Of course, I expected the worst. What kind of cuss word would she write? Would I need to lecture Ana on taking the Lord's name in vain or using dirty language? Given my naiveté, would I even recognize the word?
If this is the worst word my girls know, I think we're doing pretty darn well. Until we let them watch Back to the Future, that is.
