We watched The Nightmare Before Christmas for the first time last week, so the girls are on a Jack Skellington kick. Hence Ana's choice of pumpkin. Bekah designed the face on her pumpkin by herself.
Our traditional family picture by the pumpkins. Aunt Cathy grew these herself and let the girls take them home.
To see our pumpkins from other years, click here.
For costumes this year, the girls were heavily influenced by the novels I read them this summer.
Miriam as Dobby, Gwendolen as the golden snitch, Rebekah as Harry Potter, Analee as Hermione Granger.
A close-up of our snitch.
The big day of trick-or-treating, we started by visiting Grandpa Wirkus at his house.
Dobby eating treats while Grandpa rocks the snitch.
Then we ran home for dinner before going to Old Grandma's house.
Old Grandma holding Gwen while Analee pets Grandma's pet bird on her shoulder and Uncle Doug works on his laptop.
Trick-or-treating at the grandparents' houses is easy now that both sets live on the same road, one street over from our house.
The girls getting treats from Grandma Scott. Aunt Lenna made bead animals; the girls each got to pick one out.
The only picture (overexposed and out of focus) I managed to shoot at Grandpa Dennis and Grandma Susan's house. The girls were really quick to get in and out here, because they knew they were going door-to-door next.
Seth dropped Gwendolen and me off at our house so I could cater to the neighborhood trick-or-treaters while Seth took the girls around. Miriam reportedly threw her arms up in the air and shouted, "I love Happy Halloween!" between houses, so I guess you could say the girls had a successful holiday.







