2012-03-27

Ana's belly button

One day, Analee reported that she has an upside-down grandma in her belly button.

I know, I know. This comment certainly topped our "oddest things ever uttered in our house" list. So we asked her what she meant.

"See?" she said. "I have an upside-down grandma in my belly button. Her eyes are closed. You can see her hair, eyes, cheeks, nose and mouth."

So we took a look. This is what we saw:


We still weren't exactly sure what she meant, so Seth came up with the idea of taking a closeup of the kid's midsection, printing it out and letting her draw the grandma on there. Here are the results:

(The picture has been flipped so you can see the grandma right-side-up.)

And in case you're still having trouble seeing it, here is a diagram:


I don't know whether to be amazed at her imagination or worried that she spends so much time analyzing her umbilical cord stump. Either way, she's a cutie.