2011-10-25

Home wrecker

Seth volunteered us to feed the sister missionaries tonight. That's all well and good, but Bekah has dance until 5:15 and the sisters are due to arrive at 5:30. Since I can't whip up a dinner and table setting in five minutes, I knew it would take some pre-dance prep to get everything ready in time for our guests.

While Miriam napped, I finished making/baking the rolls, cut up lettuce for a salad and set eight places at the table. (In case you're counting, that makes five of us and three missionaries.) When I head Miri squawking in her crib, I got her and went back to work. I should have realized that my carefully set table was about to be ambushed by a 19-month-old.

I swear, juice is to Miri as blood is to a shark; she can smell it a mile away. Twenty bucks says I can't find that cup when it's time to sit down and eat with the sisters.