2011-07-03

Glasses

When I took the girls to the optometrist last week for an annual checkup (Ana for the first time, Bekah for the second), I figured we'd just do some tests, read some letters and come home. Bekah sportingly did her exam first so Ana could see how it all goes.

When Ana took her turn in the chair, she started reading letters. And then stopped reading letters. My first thought was, "Have I not taught her the ABCs well enough?" But when she guessed the Y to be a V and the D to be an O, I realized it wasn't because she didn't know the alphabet; she just couldn't see the wall well enough.

The doctor said she could benefit from wearing glasses. He made sure we knew that they wouldn't be necessary, but beneficial. But if glasses would help our little girl and the insurance would pay for them, we decided it would be worth it.

Ana chose the frames all by herself. How do you think they look?