2011-03-16

Getting my craft on

Lately I've been inspired by some craft blogs to pull out some of my scrap fabric and create ... stuff. Here's what happened:

Ana in a twirly circle skirt (instructions found here) made with the leftover fabric from her shirt. That's right. I made all three girls matching shirts months ago, and just now I used the rest of it for a skirt for Ana.

The skirt in all its twirly glory.

Bekah in a pillowcase dress (instructions found on various websites after I Googled "pillowcase dress") made from ... no, not a pillowcase. Made from fabric that Grandma Hendricks gave me. The red fabric is leftover from Miriam's stocking.

Another pillowcase dress made from Bekah's leftover quilt fabrics.

I must say, it's been very satisfying making these cute clothes, but nothing else has been done around the house today. Oops! Well, nothing besides taking Miri to the surgical center, followed by the pediatrician's office followed by the pharmacy. Okay. Maybe I deserved a little creative time.