2011-01-10

Christmas festivities

I know, I know. It's mid-January and I'm JUST blogging about Christmas?! But here's the deal. I was waiting on pictures. And I'm lazy. And you know how the holidays get crazy-busy. And I'm lazy. And I'm lazy. Did I say that one already?

So, without further ado, here's how we spent our Christmas!

Christmas Eve was 100 percent perfect. We started out the day by visiting the Museum of Idaho's free Christmas exhibit. We let Bekah loose with the camera, and here's what she documented:

Various nativity displays, gingerbread houses, Kwanzaa and Hanukkah decor, Idaho history displays and a few self-portraits.

Next we drove to a neighbor's house for a sleigh ride.

Seth, Bekah (behind him in the silver coat) and Miriam riding on a two-horse open sleigh driven by our neighbor, Blake Ford.

Ana and Andrea on the sleigh. Bekah and Miri liked the ride, Ana ... not so much.

Then I had the pleasure of taking a 2-hour nap while Seth entertained the girls. (Like I said, a PERFECT Christmas Eve.)

Afterward, we loaded up the girls to go to Grandpa Wirkus' house for an evening of German fare and pajama presents from Grandma and Grandpa Scott.

Miriam getting a bite of red cabbage. She loved it.

Bekah and Ana modeling their new pajamas.

After dinner, we went to Seth's parents' house for more present opening and a Skype call with Seth's brother in Boston. (Unfortunately, we didn't have our camera with us.)

Christmas Day, I woke up too early (good thing I had that nap) and had to sneak downstairs to "read the Internet" (as Seth and I put it) before everyone else got up. I must have been too noisy, because shortly thereafter, the girls woke up. We had told them they weren't allowed out of bed before 7 a.m., but with everyone awake, we decided to go down 30 minutes early.

After the general unwrapping and gift enjoyment, Seth's parents came over and brought even more presents. Then we packed it up again and went to my parents' house for yet more presents.

Bekah looking at the fairy mermaid she received from Grandma and Grandpa Scott.

Analee inspecting her fairy mermaid.

Miriam the man-eater. She got a hold of the Ken doll Ana received from Santa.

Seth, Andrea and Ana reading on Grandma and Grandpa Scott's couch. Did I mention that Seth gave me a Kindle for Christmas? I'm not nearly cool enough to own such a device, but I must say that I love it.