2010-09-10

Fair-ly fun

We HAD to go to the Eastern Idaho State Fair again this year, (1) so we could see how my pictures did, (2) to let the girls play and see the animals, and (3) so we could eat a Tiger Ear. I'm happy to report that we succeeded on all accounts.

Bekah and Ana playing in the sand pit. Last year, there was a huge booth with all sorts of agricultural toys: a fake cow to milk, hay to rake and tractors to ride. That was absent this year, so it's a darn good thing this kids' booth was there to make up for it.

Analee playing in the sand. I know, I know ... her hair attire is ridiculous. I tried to steer her clear of the humongous flowers, but she was not to be deterred. She reminds me of this guy.

Bekah peddling the magic bubble bike while Seth and Ana watch.

Ana's turn on the bubble bike.

The girls squeezed every last quarter out of Seth's wallet. First it was feeding the goats in the petting zoo (which was very short-lived because the goats nudged the cups of feed out of the girls' hands and spilled their contents on the ground 30 seconds after they had procured them), then it was the mechanical horsey ride.

Ana is so skilled that she can ride with only one hand.

Seth, Analee and Rebekah have a baa-ing contest with the sheep in the livestock building.