First, Seth jumped on the trampoline with the girls while I finished getting our dinner ready (and took a few pictures).
Next we ate our 100 percent barbecued dinner (apples, onions, corn on the cob and sirloin steaks), followed by the great present-unwrapping.
Seth oversees the unwrapping as Bekah and Ana rip off the paper. He received a tractor sprinkler. Yes, it's pretty much the lamest present a spouse can purchase, but Seth let me know only two days before that he didn't want to get his customary birthday present: a 10-punch golf pass. So what else could I come up with on such short notice?
You'll notice that the candle is already extinguished even though Seth is still gearing up for the blowing. It was just too darn breezy outside for anything to stay lit.
Analee licks a drip.
Then we sang "Happy Birthday," and Seth blew out the candle on his ice cream cone. Yes, that's what I said. I didn't make him a cake because (1) Bekah's birthday is six days after Seth's, and I didn't want to make two cakes that close together, and (2) we still have leftover goodies from Miriam's blessing on Sunday that need to be eaten before I go and bake anything else.
Then the girls enjoyed their birthday treats.
And we finished off the night with baths for the sticky girls and attempted repairs for Seth's truck. Good times!