2009-12-26

Cutting the Christmas tree

You'd think, this being posted shortly after Christmas and all, that I'd be blogging about that. (Never fear ... that's next.) But instead, I'm going to catch up on our day after Thanksgiving festivities.

I'm super-late in doing so because I was waiting on pictures. I was WAY too lazy to take my own pictures of our adventures, so I relied on my camera-happy father to take care of it. And he did. But I didn't get those pictures until the day before yesterday. Why? Because he didn't know I was waiting for them, and I kept forgetting to ask. So Seth and I simply stole them off his computer.

That being said ...

Thanksgiving day, we spent a lot of time with my family. After a sumptuous feast (99 percent prepared by my mom ... I DID, however, contribute the dinner rolls), we took it easy and attempted to digest all the good food. The girls found ways to entertain themselves.

Analee and Bekah playing with toys in the bathroom sink. They were both soaked after this, so Grandma Scott found some extra clothes to change them into. I'm still amazed at this picture ... with the medicine cabinet mirror and the mirror on the back of the bathroom door, I have no idea how my dad managed to shoot this without getting himself in the shot. Kudos to you, old man!

Bekah enjoying one of the pies Grandma Scott made.

And the day after Thanksgiving, we donned our cold-weather gear and drove to Fall Creek for our annual Christmas tree hunt. Between the nine of us who came (Grandpa Scott, Grandma Scott, Uncle T, Aunt McKall, Aunt Jessica, Seth, me, Bekah and Ana), we were in charge of cutting down four trees (one for Grandma and Grandpa, one for Uncle T, one for us and one for Uncle Jason). It took us quite a while to find four worthy trees, but we did it.

Seth pulling Ana in the sled (since we knew we'd be in charge of hauling two trees down the mountain, Seth brought the sled to assist us), and Bekah walking alongside it. Bekah traipsed all over the snowy mountainside. Ana wanted to, but her legs are so short it took her FOREVER to get anywhere. She alternated between being carried, riding in Seth's big sled or riding in my little one.

Uncle T watching as Seth gets our tree down the very steep hill and I follow by sliding on my bum.

Analee and Rebekah enjoying the taste of the great wintry outdoors.

I should say it's about time to get this post up. The Christmas tree we worked so hard to find, chop down and carry home it about to be dismantled and discarded tomorrow. Sigh ... such is life when you're a pretty pine.

To see more pictures of Thanksgiving/cutting Christmas trees, click here.