2009-08-25

Number 3

My blog title reminds me of a terrific They Might Be Giants song of the same name. It goes:

There's only two songs in me, and I just wrote the third.
Don't know where I got the inspiration or how I wrote the words.
Spent my whole life just diggin' up my music's shallow grave.
For the two songs in me and the third one I just made.

Not that this has anything to do with the post (besides the title) ... I just really like TMBG.

Anyway, down to business. (Drum roll, please.)

Seth and I are expecting our own number three! He/She is due April 5, 2010.

We went to the doctor on Tuesday, August 25, and came back with these:


I'm not going to point body parts out, because we're not entirely certain what's what. The well-defined circle is the yolk sack, and we think we can see some arm and leg flippers and maybe a head, but it's a lot like those darn Magic Eye puzzles I could never make out.

Both girls are excited at the prospect of having a younger brother or sister. At first Bekah wanted a boy and Ana wanted a girl, but I think they disagreed only because they wanted to disagree; now they both want a little brother.

And Bekah has made the difficult name decision for us. If it's a boy, we'll name him Pinocchio. If it's a girl, Spongebob. Needless to say, we reminded her that the final decision is left to Mommy and Daddy.

We're happy to report that all members of the Grover family are excited about having a new baby in the family. Bring on the sleepless nights and endless spit up!