2009-09-07

offering

Today Bekah and I were sitting in the family room while Mom and Ana were both up napping.

"Daddy," she asked me, "why was the Lord pleased with Abel and not with Cain?" (Honest, that's exactly how she phrased the question.)

I explained how Heavenly Father had asked the people during that time to make an offering to them of the very best things they had, and that Cain had not offered the very best of what he had to the Lord.

Bekah thought about this for a minute, then said, "Daddy, I want to give Heavenly Father my treasure chest."

Bekah's treasure chest is her most precious, prized possession. It's a little toy jewelry box that Andrea had when she was a little girl, in which Bekah stores her most valuable "collections" (toys and trinkets) in her "collection room" (her bedroom). And she, without even hesitating, said she wanted to give it to Heavenly Father.

Kinda makes you proud to be a Dad, you know?