2009-10-21

Sew crafty (ha!)

So, a long time ago on a blog not so far away, I promised to post a picture of the little "Grover" quilt I was making. Well, that was in August. I finished the quilt months ago, but I've been slacking in the reporting department.

To make up for it, here is the finished product:

Our outdated family pictures sit atop the shelf of glory.

And ... BONUS! The results of two other sewing projects. The first is the quilt top for Ana's bed when she moves in with Rebekah. The walls of their room are bright green, and Bekah's quilt top is purple and green. I asked Ana if she wanted turquoise and green, pink and green, or orange and green. She picked this:

I must say, the green and turquoise paisley fabric is my favorite!

The lady who quilted Bekah's quilt in inundated with work right now, so I'm going to wait until the beginning of the year and then see if she can do Ana's quilt. Then I'll be in a bind ... binding the quilt, that is. (The puns never stop today.)

And the same night that turned into the ill-fated night of stitches, Seth aunt Cathy asked if anyone wanted some leftover fabric. I chose some, bought some red flannel to go with it, and made this ragged-edge baby blanket:

It sure clogs up the lint trap of the dryer, but isn't it cute?

I started/finished another quick project today, but as it's a part of a costume, I'll have to wait and show it off in a future post (hopefully sooner than ... say, April) after we have our ward Halloween party.