Grandma Scott and I had plans to go hiking, but we didn't know where. Then Grandma suggested that we try out something in Yellowstone. She had read about a short jaunt to Fairy Falls, and I wondered if Bekah could manage the 5-miler.
Since she was eager to give it a try, Bekah accompanied us seasoned hikers.
Bekah at the trailhead.
Bekah enjoying a Push Pop and looking up wildflowers with Grandma Scott.
Andrea, Grandma Scott and Bekah at Fairy Falls. Bekah was feeling a little tired and worn out on the way there until she heard the roar of the waterfall. Then she bounded up the trail to see it. That was followed by some very happy flip-flop-clad splashing.
Andrea by the base of the waterfall. If I had hiked up my shorts, I think I could have waded all the way across.
Bekah and one of her (many) poses by the waterfall.After a lot of time spent at the waterfall and some nourishment, we turned around and hiked back out. It was hotter than it had been before and Bekah was feeling it, but she was a trooper and made it back to the car.
Since it's not a true trip to Yellowstone without a stop at Old Faithful, we stopped by to see the geyser erupt and check out the new visitors' center. At that point, Bekah confiscated my camera.
Just a sampling of the pictures she shot. (Of course, I stole the camera back for the one of Bekah in front of Old Faithful.)
I hope this is the beginning of a great and glorious relationship with all things hiking for Rebekah. My parents instilled this love in me, and I hope to pass it on to my kids.
To see more pictures, click here.
Since it's not a true trip to Yellowstone without a stop at Old Faithful, we stopped by to see the geyser erupt and check out the new visitors' center. At that point, Bekah confiscated my camera.
Just a sampling of the pictures she shot. (Of course, I stole the camera back for the one of Bekah in front of Old Faithful.)I hope this is the beginning of a great and glorious relationship with all things hiking for Rebekah. My parents instilled this love in me, and I hope to pass it on to my kids.
To see more pictures, click here.