2011-05-23

Ana's spill

Friday afternoon when I found out that Bekah had to be wearing a very specific pair of tights for her dance recital the next day (and the store that sells the tights would close for the weekend in one hour), I carted the girls off to All American Dance to purchase said tights.

Everything was swell and dandy until Ana tripped on the sidewalk. We've gotta work on that kid's reflexes, because her face hit the sidewalk before she could catch herself with her hands.

I could tell that it hurt. But as she started to pull herself up from the sidewalk, we found out that we had a bigger problem on our hands than pain.

Blood poured from her nose and spattered on the sidewalk. I ran to the van, threw Miri in and rushed back to aid Ana.

She was terrified of the blood. I did the best I could with the box of tissues and the case of wipes we had on hand. It only took a couple of minutes to stop the bleed, but it was the longest two minutes of my life because Ana was in hysterics the entire time. I don't even want to guess what the lady sitting on the nearby bus bench was thinking.

When all was said and done, we had six blood-soaked tissues, three blood-soaked wipes, two blood-spattered shoes, and a pair of blood-spattered khakis. Oh, and a swollen lip and series of facial wounds.

Analee the day after her trip on the sidewalk. When Bekah told Ana she had "smoochy lips," it made the situation a whole lot happier.