2008-10-05

lost but now found

While on my mission I was able to obtain a highly delicious but highly secret and well-guarded recipe for Italian dressing. I thought I'd lost it, but apparently I sent a copy to Andrea for safe-keeping. In the spirit of blessing the human race, I am posting that recipe here, although I am changing the name so as not to incur legal retaliation. If you like Italian dressing, welcome to Shangri-La.

"Adurtla's" Italian Dressing

  1. Mix the following in 3 ounces of red wine vinegar:

    • 3/4 teaspoon of sugar

    • 3/4+ teaspoon of salt

    • 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper

    • 1/8 teaspoon of ground mustard

    • 1/8- teaspoon of celery seed

    • 1/8+ teaspoon of thyme

    • 1/8 teaspoon of oregano

    • 1/2 teaspoon of cilantro

    • 1/2 teaspoon of tarragon

    • 1/2 teaspoon of basil leaves


  2. Add 1/2 teaspoon of lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix thoroughly.

  3. Peel garlic and press about 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of garlic (w/juice). It is okay if you add additional amounts in small increments to taste. Make sure your garlic is white or light beige with no green stem.

  4. Shake the dressing vigorously and let site for approximately 30 minutes before adding 3 and 1/2 to 4 ounces of 100% vegetable oil.