2008-06-13

finger-lickin' good

Babies and toddlers are messy. I get that. But last night's high chair scene was ... well, all I can describe it as is "carnage." See for yourself:

Nothing escaped the smearing hands of Ana.

But at least she seems to enjoy it.

The mouth. The hands. The bib. The cup. The horror!

She acted very interested in the camera, but I won't even let her touch it with clean hands.

What was so incredibly smash-into-the-mouth-with-both-hands delicious? Check out the recipe below. Bekah loved it too.

Peach Melba Salad

1 cup cottage cheese
1 large can sliced peaches, drained
1 carton Cool Whip, thawed
1 3 oz. package raspberry Jell-O
1/4 cup maraschino cherries

In a large salad bowl, spread 1/2 of the cottage cheese, then layer with half of the peaches (I chopped them so they were Ana-mouth sized) and half the Cool Whip. Sprinkle Cool Whip with half of the Jell-O powder. Repeat layers. Top with cherries (I cut them in half). Chill and serve.